The Marvin Watch Company was founded in 1850 in Saint-Imier, Switzerland. In 1894, the company moved to La Chaux-de-Fonds and changed its name to Albert Didisheim et Frères. In 1912, the company changed its name again to Marvin. From 1940 to 1976, Marvin formed alliances with various brands and car manufacturers, including KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Ferrari, Mercedes, Jaguar, Fiat, MG, Rover, and Chevrolet. In 1976, Marvin became part of the MSR Group. However, the brand did not successfully transition to quartz technology and was abandoned in the 1980s. It was later produced under license by various firms in Italy before being acquired by Time Avenue in 2002 and re-launched in 2007 as a mid-range watch brand powered by ETA and Valjoux movements.