The Hamilton Watch Company was founded in 1892 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. It quickly gained a reputation for producing high-quality pocket watches and wristwatches, and by the 1930s it was a leading player in the American watch market. During World War II, Hamilton produced watches for the military, including the famed “Khaki” watch for soldiers. In the 1950s and 1960s, the company continued to innovate, introducing new technologies such as electric and quartz movements. In the 1970s, Hamilton was acquired by the Swatch Group, and it continues to produce a wide range of watches for both men and women.